Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trust In God

My husband John recently went to Mexico with four pastors and three others to preach the good news of God's word and bring hope to the hopeless. The day after the team left, plastered all over the news was talk of swine flu. You can imagine my concern and if I may be quite honest, a little anxious! I called him and asked him if he should turn around and come home (now that's faith!), but he calmly reassured me that the best course of action would be to pray and leave everything up to God.

My husband reaffirmed in me two things. One, if God has asked you to do something and you have stepped out in faith to do it, don't turn back, but trust Him to take care of every circumstance. Two, make sure you hear Him clearly. If you know you have heard, nothing can deter your mission. No storm, no persecution, NO SWINE FLU!

I am thankful for a good, solid, wise husband to bring God's Word, clarity and calm to my emotions when I need it most. Thank You Lord for the gift he is to me!!!

Mark 16:15-18
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”


1 comment:

  1. And you are BOTH blessings to many others, as well. We serve a faithful God!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete