Friday, February 13, 2009

"You're not undeserving"

It was the last leg of our vacation and we were driving home from Florida. It was after dark and we’d been traveling all day. We wanted to find a place on the water, but because we are on a fixed budget we prayed, “Lord, help us find the right hotel, at the right price, and please let us see some of Your beauty and wild life.”

The morning sun was shining on the water in the bay… it looked like millions of diamonds sparkling and glistening on the water. Our room overlooked the marina and the bay, with a small strip of white beach below us. We fixed a cup of tea and sat on the balcony enjoying the wild life. There were several ducks swimming, pelicans sailing on top of the water with their wing tips skimming the water as they moved to the right and left. And in the distance a dorsal fin and then another! Dolphins out about 500 yards from our room, blowing the water from their spout, dorsal fin up and showing us their tail as they dove under the water. It was a special treat for us and we were like children in our excitement as we watched them play for 20 to 30 minutes.

My heart became warmed with gratitude towards our Lord and my eyes became moist as I thanked Him. “Thank You Lord for blessing us, for allowing us to see Your beautiful creation. Thank You for being so gracious to us when we’re so undeserving.”

As kind and as gentle as He’s ever been to me, He spoke deep into my soul… “You’re not undeserving”. My emotions swelled as I sat in His presence and enjoyed His goodness.

Jeremiah 31:3 … “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment