Monday, March 2, 2009

WOW! SUNDAY AFTERNOON SOUP

I found this recipe on the lid to our yogurt container; try it for a delicious variation to cooking fresh sweet potatoes.

Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
2 Tbsp. canola oil (I used olive oil)
1 large sweet onion, sliced
2 tsp. ground cumin
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used 5 small to medium)
1 ½ qt. chicken broth
1 ¾ cup Dannon All Natural Plain Yogurt
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
¼ cup toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)

1. In soup pot heat oil. Add onions and cumin and sauté 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer soup 20-25 minutes. 2. Puree soup with 1 ½ cups Plain Yogurt and parsley or cilantro (I used cilantro and it was really tasty). Serve each portion of soup with a dollop of remaining yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds (I skipped this step because I didn’t have pumpkin seeds in the house).
This soup is one of my favorite soups. It was easy to prepare and delicious. The soup had an earthy, herby flavor that was smooth and satisfying. Definitely add this to your recipe box.
Thank you to our sweet friends for the fresh sweet potatoes.
Have a blessed Monday,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment